Head of Learning and Development - VASHI.com
JOBLUX - London W1S , United Kingdom
Vashi is an award-winning, personalised diamond jewellery brand. We’re reinventing the task of engagement ring shopping to be interactive, inclusive and putting our customers in the designer’s seat… this is a key chapter in every couple’s love story and we need a passionate L&D manager to lead the operational training and development of Vashi.
You will build a new function with a consultative approach to support the senior leadership team’s goal of developing a team of ‘A players’ in a mature and empowered and rapidly growing organisation, whilst ensuring that all relevant stakeholders of Vashi (drivers, customers) receive valuable and enriching training. As part of a multi-channel luxury retail company growing at pace, you’ll need to be an expert at executing swiftly and with agility.
You will leverage your expertise of learning principles, adoption, and framework to build and execute a training strategy which includes training/onboarding new Guardian Angels, Alchemists, Customer Account Managers, various Marketing, Web and IT specialist; as well as clients onboarding and training, core curriculum for retails store operations, succession planning, and support HR in culture improvement initiatives, employee engagement strategies, diversity/inclusion, and bespoke training for teams and departments based on needs assessment and gap analysis.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support CEO in making Vashi.com an employer of choice
- Create and implement a proactive Talent and HR Strategy to align within a rapidly expanding challenger brands' requirements, as we become a global player
- Responsible for On boarding, individual and group training development programmes.
- Deliver best in class practice and embody market leading customer service across the organisation.
- Enhance company values and award winning service delivery through effective people management.
- Design new retention strategies and policies to address market conditions
- Lead the L&D function supporting Senior Management Team and HR in all aspects of performance management including metric achievement, stakeholder satisfaction, hiring, termination, performance reviews and development planning.
- Provide additional career management learnings to build a pipeline of talent for promotion and clear paths for skills development to move between roles.Develop and support employee engagement and culture building initiatives.
- Design, implement and manage (directly and through others) change programmes focused on people, process, and technology.
- Coach and mentor middle management with an emphasis on maturing manager to subordinate interactions and behavioural change management.
- Build evaluation process to measure success of programmes, ROI, and continuous improvement of your team.
- Develop online tools and content creation for and customer engagement and training on specific features.
- Design bespoke training for existing staff, on-boarding new staff, and increased adoption of core features; all with a focus on improved service to our customers.
Key Traits / Skills
It is expected that the person will be self-starting and will, within the main task brief, be able to independently develop the programme. Nonetheless, the following are likely to be relevant:
- Must be customer obsessed, resilient, and passionate about going on a journey to create a world-class support function within the UK.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven problem solving skills, project management, attention to detail, and exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to build trust, coach, and obtain buy-in at all levels of the organisation.
- Establish learning needs from dissecting company and departmental strategies and goals. Design and deliver programmes after stakeholder consultation.
- Partner closely with HR functions to ensure all aspects of people and organisation are aligned and moving towards common goals.
- Experience designing and delivering programmes through multiple delivery methods; e-learning, action learning, workshops, blended, coaching and mentoring.
- Humble, self-motivated, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Substantial experience leading the OD or L&D function for a company (preferably in the luxury retail/ start-up or e-commerce space).
- Background in leadership, learning and development, organisational development, consultancy at a senior level, with ability to effectively engage and deliver through others.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills and results oriented.
- Qualifications in CIPD (e.g. Organisational Design, Employee Engagement & Relations, Learning & Development), training, occupational psychology, MBA, and coaching are an advantage.
- Expert level in change management
- Expertise in designing leadership succession planning, career development and competency frameworks.
SALARY - flexible on package for the right individual.
***STRICTLY NO AGENCIES***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £0.00 to £80,000.00 /year