Head of Marketing & Sales, Europe - Rapha
JOBLUX - London , United Kingdom
Rapha has been the global leader in luxury cycling since 2004, a category it created and continues to define. Rapha’s emporium of premium road cycling products and services extends from apparel to skincare, publishing and travel, all of which deliver performance and style at unprecedented levels. The brand’s refined sophistication, relentless pursuit of quality and connections to the sport of cycling through inspired story telling make Rapha one of the most desirable and authentic luxury sport brands in the world. With headquarters in London UK, the business sells products directly to the most discerning road cyclists around the world.
Since its launch in 2004, Rapha has become one of the most desirable cycling brands in the world, widely admired for its high quality products and creative marketing. The Rapha range comprises more than 500 products across multiple categories, from performance cycling clothes and accessories to skincare, publishing and travel services. Rapha’s marketing approach is widely respected and is based on excellent content and events.
Rapha aims to be the best direct-to-consumer omni-channel retailer in the world. As the business grows, it needs to transition from being a smaller, intuitive, brand-dominated business to one of a greater scale with ever-closer, even more meaningful relationships with customers.
The Head of Sales & Marketing for Europe will lead a team to work with the London based HQ to coordinate all sales and marketing activity and drive business growth in the region. The objective will be to drive breakthrough ways to acquiring new customers at local level, whilst retaining our existing customer base, both on and off-line. Driving breakthrough marketing for Rapha’s clubhouses will also be of critical importance in order to deliver on Rapha’s vision and goals. This will integrate global product campaigns, best customer programs and regional/local activation across our omni-channel platforms.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
In addition to being a cyclist with an authentic passion for and belief in Rapha’s vision and values, the successful Head of European Marketing & Sales candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive experience working in a senior marketing or communications role
- Considerable experience in European markets and used to considerable travel
- Experience in or a very strong affinity with apparel and/or premium / luxury retail
- Significant team management experience
- A cultural multiplier for the Rapha business, with the capability to build, motivate, manage and develop high-performing teams
- Able to champion ideas and influence and motivate
- Capable of providing clear direction and business solutions to maximise individual and team performance
- The ability to engage, motivate and inspire others and create a climate where people want to do their very best
- Able to build and sustain relationships across all functions and through all levels in an organisation to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of business plans
- Weekly communication, guidance and monitoring with local staff on marketing activity and its effectiveness
- A clear marketing and commercial orientation and the ability to think and act like a general manager
- The vision and know-how to grow Rapha in Europe
- The ability to help achieve Rapha's business aims using the established Rapha marketing model and approach
- Commercially minded and customer-centric
- A healthy balance between rational left-brain behaviour and intuitive right-brain creativity
- A strong gasp of key business and industry drivers and a track record of identifying and capitalizing on consumer trends and insights to develop innovative business-building strategies, products and programmes
- Clear financial savvy and the ability to use fact-based arguments to support proposals / recommendations as well as strong intuition, being able to “connect the dots” and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Able to prioritise issues and opportunities, allocating resources accordingly
- Ability to conceive and manage activities and campaigns that are based on story-telling
- Drive and dynamism, high levels of competitive spirit and energy, and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Results orientation, with a desire and commitment to help set and deliver the plan
- Hands on and determined to deliver, come what may, even with less resource than you might be used to