Ecommerce Manager - Laings
JOBLUX - Glasgow , United Kingdom
Laings are Scotland’s oldest family jeweller with over 175 years of experience. The family run business is now in its 6th generation with 7 stores located across the UK; 2 in Edinburgh, 1 in Cardiff, 1 in Southampton and 3 shops nestled within the iconic Argyll Arcade in Glasgow.
Laings culture is one of mutual trust, respect and honesty. Our staff strive to be the best in the business and our aim is to provide our customers with an unforgettable, luxurious experience whatever the occasion may be.
A fantastic and rarely available opportunity has arisen for an Ecommerce Manager to join Laings on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly into the Sales & Marketing Director, with line management responsibility for an Ecommerce Assistant & Content Producer, you will work within the Ecommerce & Marketing team located in our new prestigious Glasgow city centre Head Office.
The successful candidate will oversee site operations, plan and implement long and short term ecommerce strategy, and maintain and develop the online presence of the Laings brand across all channels.
- Ecommerce project delivery; ensure that the company maximises its sales potential through the implementation of innovative ecommerce strategies
- Develop the site with a range of conversion optimisation projects to improve the user experience and conversion rate
- Develop business cases for new initiatives and managing execution
- Liaise with the development agency to ensure that site functionality and capability reflects business requirements
- Optimise user experience and customer journey onsite
- Monitor and escalate technical issues with agencies/ IT for fast resolution
- SEO; Manage external agency responsible for SEO. Assist with planning and implementing overall SEO strategy and optimisation
- PPC; Manage the strategy for PPC, working closely with our agency to ensure all advertising is relevant and landing pages are optimised
- Planning and adhering to yearly web budget as well as assist in planning yearly growth & monthly targets
- Responsibility for all brand communications onsite
- Liaise with Marketing and Store teams to ensure that effective promotions/ content are set up and run online to complement other business marketing and in-store activities
Skills & Experience required:
- Educated to degree level, with proven experience in ecommerce and digital marketing
- Excellent understanding of ecommerce tools including Magento and Google Analytics
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills
- Knowledge of high end luxury Jewellery brands beneficial
- Experience within a luxury retail environment advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly customer focused, able to reflect customer needs in our site design and content.
- Outstanding customer service & interpersonal skills
- Basic Photoshop skills essential
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and proactive
In return we offer a competitive salary, generous employee discount scheme and other employee benefits within an empowering, opportunistic and supportive working environment.
Please submit your CV and covering letter along with your notice period and salary expectations.
Please note we do not require agency assistance at this time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- E-Commerce: 2 years