Senior Customer Insight Analyst - Burberry Limited
JOBLUX - London , United Kingdom
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
This positions sits within the Customer Analytics team in EMEIA with high exposure to the Corporate partners Customer Insight and Customer Value Management teams as well as the functional teams in the region-Merchandising, Marketing, Allocation, Client Engagement and Retail teams.
The position involves a dual focus:
- Commercial Insights: providing in-depth and real-time analytics of Burberry customer acquisition and retention, customer trends, and adding the customer dimension to all facets of commercial performance
- Customer Loyalty and Experience: providing in-depth analytics on customer retention and providing an analytics engine for the success of the regional Customer Value Management program.
- Providing ongoing understanding of customer trends as a driver of Burberry’s business
- Weekly dashboarding to enable course-correction and actioning
- Providing deep-dive analytics on the demographics, psychographics, and product propensities of existing and potential customers
- Providing timely analyses of upcoming seasonal moments of demand to identify programs/targets/products that can maximize commercial impact during these moments
- Providing customer insight to all levels of organization – from senior leadership to store teams and sales associates
- Liaising with Corporate Customer Insights teams on data governance, analytics innovations, and best practices
- Identifying new opportunities for the Customer Value Management program to target existing customer through loyalty programs – uncovering new targets, suggesting new content, providing consulting on execution, and validating the results.
- Partnering with the local and global merchandizing teams to understand the customer types driving success of different products
- Innovating and always looking for new analytic techniques, data sources, and tools.
- Proven record in Customer Analytics; ideally in a luxury retail environment
- Advanced dregree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL, familiarity with HiveQL.
- R/Python or additional coding experience preferred
- Knowledge of statistical/data science techniques (e.g. segmentation, decision trees, regression)
- Highly analytical and critical - able to draw logical conclusions out of existing data or hypothetical what-if scenarios
- Excellent communicator, able to partner with internal clients and influence their deicison-making through datat and story-telling
- Fast and independant learner
- Tableau experience
- Experience with NPS/Voice of Customer analytics preferred
- Hadoop, PIG, MapReduce
- Ability to understand customer data and communicate it in a concise and relevant way to various stakeholders.