Assistant Manager (Menswear Specialist) - Bicester Village M/F - SMCP
JOBLUX - London , United Kingdom
Job Purpose: Assist Store Manager in management and daily operation of the store, including sales, customer service, operations and administration, communication, marketing and merchandising. Ability to assume the responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
Sales & Service
• Meet personal and store sales targets
• Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
• Ensure an elevated level of sales and service is practiced by all associates; lead by example
• Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
• Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among the staff
• Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
• Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
• Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise)
• Collaborate with store manager ensuring all Policies & Procedures are compliant
• Support and assist in staff training in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
• Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Participate in inventories
• Understand and execute cash control procedures
• Support the store in minimising stock loss by following the loss prevention policies, procedures and action plans.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/visual directives
• Ensure the sales floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
• Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Assist in the recruitment, training and development of staff
• Assist in ensuring the integrity of payroll and the payroll process
• Continually evaluate the performance of each employee and provide constant feedback to ensure results
• Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
Ideally degree-educated, you will have at least two years' management experience within the Premium/Luxury Retail industry either within a department store or a boutique setting.
You are passionate about fashion and are knowledgeable of fashion trends.
You are committed, energetic, enjoy working in a team and you are at ease with providing expert style advice to a demanding customer base.
You have the ability to develop strong relationships both with customers and internally with the Area Manager, Head Office and your team.
Due to the international nature of our business, knowledge of a foreign language would be a plus.
If you wish to join an international luxury fashion group with great career opportunities then we look forward to hearing from you!