About this job
Duty Manager (Arabic Speaker) - Raffles Dubai
JOBLUX - Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Duty Manager (Arabic Speaker)
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
We are excited to find the next Heartist® Duty Manager (Arabic Speaker) to join the Raffles Dubai team!
Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our aim is to keep the Raffles Brand Promise of being an oasis for the Well-Travelled, offering Emotional Luxury to all our distinguished guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as a Duty Manager (Arabic Speaker).
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of his/her duties
- Ensure repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
- Control room availability, room types, accuracy of room count and rate categories
- Maximize occupancy, revenue & average rate while maintaining high service standards
- Liaise with Housekeeping Department to ensure room image is maintained and the “Room Ready on Arrival” policy is adhered to
- Liaise closely with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room-related requests are met
- Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with the Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
- Know system recovery procedures
- Interpret computer reports and compile relevant statistics for front office
- Approve upgrades and special amenities in absence of manager
- Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
- Inspect frequently for cleanliness and orderliness of the lobby, reception and cashier’s desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
- Prepare efficient work and vacation schedule for Front Office Staff, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements
- Maintain appropriate staff standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure productive departmental performance
- Work with Finance in the preparation and management of the department’s budget
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all direct reports do the same
- Good organizational skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Display high levels of integrity, dedication and support for continuous improvement
- Flexible management style to meet the challenges of a changing work environment
- Good knowledge of the entire Front Office Operations
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can motivate the Team to perform their best
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System preferred
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory level.
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.