Career & Internship Advisor - Glion
JOBLUX.FR - Bulle, FR , Switzerland
The Career & Internship Advisor (Bulle Campus) provides administrative assistance to students seeking placement: He / she additionally provides support in the preparation and running of the Company Visit Programme (CVP) and Recruitment Day.
Career & Internship Advisor
Position based in BulleGlion Institute of Higher Education has been providing a premium education experience in hospitality and event, sport and entertainment management for over 50 years. Today, with campuses in Switzerland, London and online, Glion is ranked among the top 3 hospitality management schools in the world and specializes in preparing graduates for international careers in globally influential companies.
Glion’s approach to education is unique and entirely different from other universities or institutions. The learning and teaching environment not only provides a holistic education, but continually exposes students to a range of industry networks in the areas of luxury, finance, real estate as well as hotels, resorts and events companies. Our student’s success in their chosen career is what drives us as an organization.
We are now seeking a Career & Internship Advisor.
- Counsels and advises students in their active search for an internship and communicates effectively and regularly with students about their progress
- Supports the CID team in regular tasks (CV correction, follow-up on student placement etc.)
- Gives presentations and tutorials on areas including CV design, motivation letter correction, job search techniques, mock interviews and visa guidance
- Collaborates with colleagues and various stakeholders to ensure students meet their objective of obtaining the proper internship
- Takes care and assists with various administrative tasks including database management, correspondence, control of internship / job offers posted on internal site, preparation of contracts, attestations, statistics, sending relevant information to concerned stakeholders, collecting reports and information and any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Supports Career Relations Officer in preparation of Company Visit program & Recruitment Day
- Hands-on role during CVP & Recruitment Day
- Management of Career & Internship platform in conjunction with other members of the department
- Ad hoc administrative tasks, data collection etc.
- Supervises the department trainee on a daily basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality Management, Human Resources or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French; any additional language is an advantage
- Similar experience in an educational environment is definitely a plus
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is highly desirable
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively at all times, particularly under pressure
- Strong student focus
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work autonomously
- Team spirit
- Strong IT skills
- Comfortable working in an international environment