About this job
Hostess in Marina Social by Jason Atherton - InterContinental Dubai Marina
JOBLUX - Dubai , United Arab Emirates
What's your passion? Whether you're into travel, new cuisines or cooking, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Dubai Marina.
InterContinental Dubai Marina, one of the Five Star luxury properties in the center of one of Dubai's most vibrant and energetic neighborhoods with 328 rooms, flexible event space, full service Spa, and six international restaurant and bars, is looking to recruit a Hostess to join one of its restaurant – Marina Social by Jason Atherton.
The acclaimed Michelin-starred British chef Jason Atherton, who is Gordon Ramsay’s former protégé, has since gone on to reach the same level as his master internationally and has launched his own restaurant group, The Social Company.
In September 2015, Jason opened Marina Social. It’s his first ‘Social’ restaurant in Dubai and is a stunning waterside restaurant. It has an open kitchen serving a British-Mediterranean inspired menu of tapas-style dishes and an open dessert bar that allows guests to watch and interact with the chefs during their dining experience. The restaurant also won several accolades for 2016 and 2017 namely "Best New Contemporary Restaurant 2016"; FACT Award as “Best European Restaurant”, and finally BBC Good food’s “Best Sunday Roast”.
As a Hostess, you will be the first and last point of contact within the restaurant and therefore responsible for maintaining a high standard of guest care primarily on arrival and departure of the restaurant welcoming them to the outlet in a warm and engaging way.
Ideally, you will:
- Have previous experience in a Receptionist role, ideally in a restaurant environment
- Be familiar with restaurant reservation booking systems
- Have outstanding customer service skills and a genuine passion for creating an excellent guest experience
- Have the ability to multi task and effectively react to changing guest needs
- Be a natural and confident communicator both face to face and on the telephone
- Be organized and motivated and see tasks through to completion
- Possess a good command of the English language
- Be an excellent team player
- Assure that each guest is made to feel welcomed, comfortable and is served promptly, politely, and efficiently during all meal seating
- Assist the restaurant manager in all aspects of the daily operation of the restaurant
In return we'll give you a generous benefits package including a competitive salary and the chance to work with a fantastic team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.