About this job
Reservations Coordinator - Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
JOBLUX - Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Employee Status: Regular
Reservations Coordinator is responsible for follow ups on Traces, applying for visas and preparing quality and rate checks including the revision of all website bookings to ensure the stay of our guests will become a MEMORABLE moment in the heart. Reporting to the Director, Revenue, this position will be integral in supporting the Fairmont Palm Jumeirah to ensure that all revenue opportunities are maximized.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Chinese cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Management, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates Fairmont Brand Service Plus Standards in all interactions
- Provides warm service and assist guest according to FHR Brand Standards
- “Reservations made yesterday report” ensure the bookings made yesterday (Transient and Corporate) are correct and proper remarks and preferences are added and communicated through the system. Report to be saved
- “Pre-arrival check report” to ensure all arrivals for tomorrow have correct details to make sure we exceed the guests’ expectations
- “Bookings check” to ensure all promotional rate codes are online with the promotions and proper remarks are added and communicated through the system
- Run and send the “No show report” to the concerned Departments
- Follows up, if applicable, on any guest issues related to Reservations
- “Crew arrival report” Quality check includes correct profiles attached as well as guests’ preferences
- “Traces” Following up on traces including pending payments for Corporate and Transient, incomplete visa documents, etc…
- “Advance Purchase” ensure that all these bookings are charged and backups are saved
- “Proforma invoices” to be made and sent to the bookers upon requests
- “Backups” ensures all Purchase Orders (Transient and Corporate) are saved based on the guest’s arrival dates in the share drive
- “Reservations on Waitlist” check for the next week
- Acts in accordance with the standards, conforms to the policies and procedures of FHR
- Co-operates, co-ordinates and communicates with all other departments to ensure highest level of Guest service is maintained and the maximum profit is generated.
- Ensures all bookings through Fairmont Website and GDS and all other IMMs are revised and proper comments and remarks are updated accordingly
- Checking on Non Guaranteed bookings and communicate with the guests to get the guarantee or cancel the booking
- Adheres to and promotes all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Promotes and practices the FHR values of teamwork, mutual respect, integrity and empowerment among all co-workers.
- Adheres to Fairmont Code of Ethics
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in English language (Verbal and written), second language is an asset. Command of Arabic will be considered as an important asset
- Must be able to handle multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment while remaining calm, collective and accurate.
- Possesses full command of CRS, PMS and other Microsoft applications (necessary training will be provided). Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, PMS systems is an added advantage.
- Able to type 25words per minutes
- 1 years’ experience in similar positions and customer service is preferred
- A Hospitality diploma is an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours (Shift Timing)
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 15.Jun.2018, 1:29:00 PM
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.