Executive Chef Italian Encore Boston Harbor - Wynn Las Vegas
JOBLUX - Everett, WA , United States
ABOUT WYNN BOSTON HARBOR Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Executive Chef (Italian) is responsible for directing the preparation and ordering of all foods in the Italian concept restaurant, dining room, and kitchen, ensuring that all foods are of the highest quality and that all operations are efficient, effective, and profitable. The Executive Chef is responsible for working with the Executive Chef de Cuisine to ensure that the Italian restaurant menu is properly executed and managed.
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing performance and strategy of their restaurant and is fully accountable for meeting Wynn food quality standards and financial goals. The primary responsibilities include assigning tasks and priorities, coordinating resources, developing budgets, and controlling operating expenses. The Executive Chef is responsible for working with the Chef de Cuisine to ensure that the outlet menu is properly implemented. The Executive Chef is also responsible for the overall management, development, and training of staff, and ensures that all government health regulations, industrial safety standards, and corporate and departmental policies are followed.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Implements short-and long-term restaurant goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Identifies best practices and determines quality and efficiency measures as benchmarks for individual performance.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of restaurant policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Oversees the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and property-wide controls are enforced.
- Administers departmental operating budget, financial controls, marketing, capital expenditures, and overall outlet initiatives through annual detailed business plan. Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate.
- Partner with Front of House management team to facilitate daily pre-shift meetings with service staff.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, mentorship, constructive and positive feedback at all levels. Creates a motivating environment.
- Innovates menu(s) while adhering to outlet concept.
- Monitors and improves consistency of food quality to enhance overall customer experience.
- Organizes and regularly conducts food tastings.
- Actively encourages and supports team members to participate in decision-making processes to assume responsibility and authority.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained by proactive (vs. reactive) approach.
- Involves all management team members in decision-making process to provide broader team with understanding of bigger picture outlet strategy and objectives.
- Keeps informed of all new industry developments relevant to restaurant outlet and broader Food & Beverage department and makes recommendations designed to maximize outlet and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, some of which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Partner with executive management team and public relations department to develop marketing plans as applicable.
- Promote outlet through dining room presence and regular table touches.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Develops strategic buying practices and works with the purchasing department to ensure best price and quality for food.
- Effectively manages projects assigned by executive management and delegate projects to reports appropriately.
- Evaluates current needs, past experiences, and forecasted business conditions in order to make decisions and recommendations for best allocation of resources among restaurant outlets to achieve maximum financial returns and guest service levels.
- Works with Executive Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef to analyze and manage food and labor costs and forecast business trends in order to make recommendations for revision of menu prices that will most appropriately meet company and outlet financial goals.
- Promptly and decisively identifies, rectifies, and reports actual and potential problems to ensure workplace and environmental safety.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding Communities, as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
ServSafe or equivalent certification preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or equivalent required. Culinary arts degree preferred.
Minimum 8 years of experience as a chef of a full-service Italian restaurant, 5 years in a leadership role required. Hospitality experience preferred. High-end Italian restaurant experience preferred. Extensive sanitation and culinary knowledge, and demonstrated knife skills required.
Requires basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and create reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.