Luxury Manager - Boston - The RealReal
JOBLUX - Boston, MA , United States
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
The RealReal is looking for independent, entrepreneurial individuals who have the ability to work with very discriminating clientele and have a passion for the luxury product. The Luxury Client Manager will focus exclusively on new business that offers free White Glove Consignment service for the country’s largest authenticated online luxury consignment marketplace.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive business by prospecting existing connections and developing points of aggregation with new consignors. These contacts include but are not limited to: stylists, personal shoppers, boutique owners, sales associates, and individual consignors.
- Achieve the monthly consignment goal for your geographic market through self-generated and corporate leads.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal.
- Meet with consignors in their home to set price expectations and procure their luxury merchandise.
- Utilize your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high-quality standards.
- A very strong network of professional or personal contacts who could also yield additional consignors.
- 5+ years of work experience in business development, outside sales, luxury retail, styling, or public relations.
- A strong sales ability and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals.
- Deep knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems.
- Active in community and charitable organizations is a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed to accommodate the client’s request for an appointment.
This position is a very full-time job with a rigorous schedule and requires a high level of commitment. Please only apply if you fit all the criteria listed above.
The RealReal is the leading full-service online luxury resale marketplace in the United States. Only The RealReal offers customers access to authenticated designer fashion and fine art in curated sales. Our designer brands include such leading names as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada, all at up to 90% off original retail. The RealReal takes possession of all items prior to sale in order for its merchandising and curatorial teams, authentication specialists and skilled gemologists to evaluate each item.
We have an award-winning leadership team with a proven track record of success and we are experiencing hyper-growth. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a VC funded start-up that is changing the marketplace. Founded in 2011, we are one of the few online resellers to authenticate and photograph every piece of merchandise on our site. In addition to winning POSH and Fashpreneur Awards, The RealReal has been featured on The Today Show, USA Today, Fortune, Glamour, and Elle. TheRealReal offers a competitive salary, stock options, 401k with company match and a full menu of benefits. Join our team and make some history!
Find us: www.therealreal.com
Follow us: twitter.com/TheRealReal1
Like us: facebook.com/TheRealRealPage
Follow us: pinterest.com/therealreal