Media Director - Tourneau
JOBLUX - New York, NY , United States
Job: Media Director
Reports to: Vice President Advertising and Marketing
Direct Reports: Media Coordinator
The Media Director is responsible for supporting the Vice President of Advertising and Marketing in the development of Tourneau’s advertising and marketing strategic plan. This includes meeting and negotiating with all brand partners on cooperative dollars to be used in marketing and advertising the product and negotiating with media vendors the rates for placement of advertisements throughout the year. This position is also responsible for implementing the advertisement portion of the strategy; working with the brand partners, creative team and media outlets to place advertisements appropriately.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning Activities (50%)
· Partner with the VP in negotiating media packages and cooperative dollars with all brand partners for the year.
· Initiate and complete cooperative agreements and obtain approval from internal and brand partners.
· Create and communicate the media buying schedule for the year.
· Maintain media kits and leverage during negotiation of advertising rates and positioning with all media partners.
· Strategically purchase media based on cooperative agreements and performance trends.
Media Placement Activities (50%)
· Obtain artwork/copy for all advertising from brands and/or internal creative teams
· Work closely with the creative team on the development of marketing materials
· Responsible for trafficking all brand ads for internal and external approval
· Place brand advertisements in media outlets including but not limited to print, direct mail, social, website, email, etc.
· Perform quality control check to ensure advertisement runs within guidelines
· Research and maintain a current understanding of the retail and media environment.
· Manage cooperative billing to ensure proper allocation of all vendor dollars.
· Actively communicate media schedule and any updates to team members.
· 5+ years’ of demonstrated success in retail marketing, with a focus on media
· 1-2 years’ experience in luxury retail
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Proven detail orientation and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or related discipline
· Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
Job Type: Full-time