Showroom Manager/Designer - Designers Library
JOBLUX - Rochester, NY , United States
Description: DL Home & Garden is a home interiors retailer, supplying Western NY with fine,high end home furnishings. The Showroom Manager/Designer is expected to give first-class customer service, making our customers feel welcome and appreciated. Our goal is to help, create, and inspire one’s home and garden. The Showroom Manager/ Designer will have a passion for home furnishings and design.
- Operate the daily functions of the store from open to close.
- Assist customers
Assisting customers can be from something small like finding the perfect gift, to designing their new living room. No task is too big or too small.
- Assist Designers
Includes but isn’t limited to: assisting with furnishings throughout the showroom; product knowledge, quoting new product info; researching and being a resource for designers.
- Place, track and receive orders
- Process, open, inspect and price a wide array of home furnishings.
- Clean and organize sales aids; fabrics, leathers, rugs, catalogue
- Collaborate with team to design and install new display vignettes for the showroom.
- Assist with sister company, Designers Library, a to the trade showroom
Includes but isn’t limited to: Clean and organize sales aids; fabrics,leathers, rugs, catalogs; Assist and be a resource to designers. Assist and be a resource to colleagues.
- Experience in high end, home interiors and luxury retail preferred
- Undergraduate degree preferred: Interior Design experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Create a positive and healthy work environment
- Commitment to quality, detail focused on all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Able to lift and mobilize medium to large boxes 50 lbs + is preferred while using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Able to maneuver effectively around showroom floor, three stories total.
- Position entails long periods of standing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour