Sales Professional - JB Hudson
JOBLUX - Minneapolis, MN , United States
JB Hudson Jewelers is a 122 year old; luxury jewelry retailer located in downtown Minneapolis, and is committed to offer the best selection and deliver unbeatable value.
The Sales Professional will achieve or exceed individual sales plan be utilizing strategic selling skills to assist customers with purchases. This individual will build new and existing customers by employing client development outreach and follow-up, as well as provide outstanding service with all customer interactions.
- Sales Ability:
- Achieve or exceed individual sales plan and exceed prior year's actual sales performance by planning business on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Utilize strategic selling skills to assist customers with purchases in person, over the telephone, and in written communications.
- Take advantage of trainings, client reports, sales tools and other resources to achieve successful results.
- Cross-sell merchandise areas and team-sell, as appropriate, partnering with coworkers and managers to successfully close sales.
- Client Development:
- Build client relationships with new and existing clients by capturing personal client data at every contact.
- Utilizing customer data in client development activities such as writing thank you note, outreaching on special occasions, and gift giving in a creative manner.
- Create a quarterly strategic business plan for existing, lapsed, and prospective clients; measure success by expanding client base and immigrating clients to higher spend levels.
- Work/volunteer at least one special event outside the store each year.
- Customer Service:
- Provide consistent high level of customer service in managing all customer interactions to result in a high level of customer satisfaction by creating a "special" experience for everyone, making yourself available to assist or escort a customer, and always delivering on what is promised.
- Work with management and operations teams to support the success of the floor/store and to figure out ways to say "yes" to the customer.
- Collect customer data, exchange business cards, remembering customers by name, not just by face to solidify permission for future contact.
- Maintain visual presentation standards and keep merchandise areas clean and organized in accordance with JB Hudson standards.
- Company Retail Strategies and Initiatives:
- Ensure all day to day activities adhere to the focus retail strategies and company initiatives such a timepieces and bridal.
- Thoroughly understand and articulate the differentiation of JB Hudson from the competition, always positioning JB Hudson positively.
- Other key accountabilities:
- Must be punctual and ready to start work as scheduled
- Adhere to the grooming and dress code policy
- Flexible to work in different areas of the store as required
- Understand and adhere to company policies and practices.
- Other duties as required, i.e. cleaning, dusting, displaying
- Previous retail or luxury retail experience or relevant customer related experience, i.e., hospitality.
- Proven track record on achieving sales results.
- Willingness to work non-traditional business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong communication skills, customer service skills, and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- Ability to work with a diverse client base.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook e-mail and POS system.
- A college degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Graduate gemologist degree or previous Gemological Institute of America (GIA) course work is preferred.