Surveillance Technician Manager Encore Boston Harbor - Wynn Las Vegas
JOBLUX - Everett, MA , United States
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.5 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harborwalk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
Encore Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Encore Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Encore Boston Harbor team.
The Encore Boston Harbor Surveillance Technician Manager will manage the daily operations of technicians and technical repairs within the Surveillance Department. Responsible for maintaining all aspects of both the surveillance system and access control system to include all related equipment and the installation of any additions or changes to the system; and for managing the activities of the Surveillance and Access Control Techs during their shift, including scheduling and training and ensuring the effective protection of assets and compliance with gaming regulations. Will also perform surveillance duties to ensure State and Federal gaming laws and policies and procedures are being maintained in games, slots, cashiers, and soft count rooms. This includes, but is not limited to; the management of the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Manages short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property-wide communication.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding Communities, as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Ensure that all cameras and other surveillance equipment outside of the surveillance room are working properly.
- Make adjustments to cameras as needed, with regards to angles, lenses, mounts, wiring and housings.
- Assists in the planning, placement and installation of cameras and support equipment into new or reconfigured casino and/or security areas.
- Ensures that all surveillance equipment located within the surveillance room is working properly.
- Troubleshoots CCTV issues from end device to head-end. Clean and maintain all surveillance equipment as needed.
- Performs repairs and adjustments to all surveillance equipment.
- Install new surveillance equipment as needed, using conduit, cable and video equipment; this is done adhering to all state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Oversees all aspects of the access control systems property-wide, ensures ongoing maximum security for the property and its assets and maximum safety for guests and Team Members.
- Assists in the ordering and stocking of necessary cleaning supplies and spare parts for existing equipment.
- Responds to emergency service calls.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality within the set guidelines.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Will be required to possess or obtain a Synectics Surveillance system certification.
Will be required to possess or obtain a Surveillance network certification.
Will be required to possess or obtain a Lenel systems certification.
Will be required to possess or obtain an Assa Abloy certification.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 5 years of surveillance system experience in providing maintenance, repair and installation of video monitors, video cameras, pan/tilt motor and gears, system processor and controls, and system peripheral equipment required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred. Previous management/supervisory experience preferred. Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Experience with IP based camera systems and networked video systems required.
Requires strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintain reports upon request.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the casino floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Team members may be expected to work outside and may be subject to all weather conditions. Operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, humidity, precipitation, wind, noise, and vibration. Work may be performed in and or around electrically or mechanically energized equipment. Required to work in elevated places on ladders, lifts, catwalks, and staging inside and outside of the building. Proper precautions and procedures must be taken including the use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.