Director of Human Resources - Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi
JOBLUX - Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates
This position is responsible managing the Human Resources function for a mid size (Manager) / large (Director) property. The manager functions as an effective business partner and consultant to management and employees and owns specific local/ regional projects to optimize the efficiency of the department and contribute to implementing the Kempinski Employee Experience.
This position provides administrative, business and project management support to the General Manager and business.This individual helps provide each department with personnel, guidance and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives.
The job of Director of Human Resources is executed satisfactorily when:
Personnel record and file keeping is effectively maintained according to Kempinski and legal requirements (employee files, reports and statistics).
All positions have an up-to-date job description in line with Corporate guidelines, and they have been approved by the respective HOD.
Corporate and local policies & procedures are communicated and implemented.
Administrative procedures and equipment are current and efficient.
Headcount is tracked and in line with forecast.
An annual budget and manning guide is devised and administered.
2. Employee Relations:
Clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer-employee relations, employee and hotel activities and programmes.
Effective employee relations regarding employee welfare, health, hygiene and safety are maintained.
Employee social activities are offered as appropriate.
Employee satisfaction with working conditions is at least 80%.
The Human Resources department follows an open door policy and is a friendly and inviting office to visit
The Kempinski recruitment web-site is up-to-date and all vacant positions are posted.
The General Manager and all HODs are actively involved in the recruitment process.
The use of headhunters is reduced to a minimum.
4. Talent Administration:
The General Manager and all HODs conduct TTTT’s according to Kempinski and local legal requirements.
Employee promotion, transfer, cross-training and task force are actively offered and administered according to Kempinski standard and local requirement.
5. Legal & Compliance:
- Every employee has a valid employment contract.
- Employees have valid working permits where required.
- Local labour law is complied with.
- Disciplinary actions are handled according to Kempinski and local legal requirements.
- Human Resources collaborates with Security, Engineering, Housekeeping, Kitchen and local entities in regards to health, hygiene and safety issues.
- Current compensation and benefit surveys are available.
- Compensation and benefits are competitive and managed in a timely and compliant manner.
- A payroll system is in place and administered.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is Management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. The Director of People Services / People Services Manager fulfills their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Passport holder of a country with eligibility to obtain a residence visa in the UAE.
- Personal record to obtain CID approval in Emirates Palace.
- Meets all other criteria set by the UAE authorities at the time of application.
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in law, business administration, economics, HR management
- A Master’s degree and/or a relevant professional accreditation would be a plus
- At least 10 years’ experience in HR management roles in the luxury hospitality industry, with at least 5 years of leadership of large HR teams and responsibility for an organization of 800+ employees
- English: Proficiency in oral and written English is a must. If not a native speaker, the individual would have worked mainly in English throughout their career.
- Significant working experience in the Middle East and with multicultural teams
- Understanding of UAE labour and immigration law and local policies, regulations, and market practices
- Other languages (especially Arabic) would be a plus.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- HR information systems (Oracle, Success factors, etc.)