Store Manager- Outlets of Des Moines - Brooks Brothers Group, Inc
JOBLUX - Altoona, IA , United States
As the country’s oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers is proud to uphold the same traditions and values for nearly two centuries. We believe these are the reasons why our customers consider us to be far more than a store. Brooks Brothers has been an American icon since 1818. In 1915, our present ten-story flagship store opened at 346 Madison Avenue near New York’s most prominent social organizations, including the Harvard and Yale Clubs and the New York Yacht Club. Almost 200 years later, we continue to dress ladies and gentleman of all generations and cultivate long term relationships with our loyal clients. Our stores represent our respect for our heritage and vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination. We continually strive to make this a great place to work with a strong emphasis on career development and associate satisfaction. We are consistently devoted to championing both our people and the Brooks Brothers Brand.
We are seeking a Store Manager for our Outlets of Des Moines location in Altoona, IA
The Store Manager (SM) ensures the Vision, Mission, Core Values, Store Sales Goals, Performance Expectations, Customer Experience and Talent Promise initiatives are consistently executed.
Reporting to the District Manager, the Store Manager is accountable for supervising a Brooks Brothers Retail Store, achieving top line sales plan results and 4-wall profitability. The SM will leverage business intelligence from our Store Operations Group to drive localized business. As a strong leader and role model exemplifying the company’s core values (relationships, innovation, history, fairness, service and celebration) the SM will champion Company initiatives, attract, retain and develop top talent. The SM will strongly influence store leaders and a team of Professional Sales Associates with proven people leadership, merchandising, clienteling, selling and budgeting acumen.
The SM drives sales performance by demonstrating the following core competencies:
Proactivity & Drive – Take ownership by proactively setting and pursuing high standards of performance for self and/or others.
Fostering Collaboration & Relationship Building – Model constructive collaboration by developing strong, cooperative relationships that respect different points of view.
Adapt and Embrace Change – Adapt effectively to changes and challenges, actively developing own capabilities.
Operational Excellence – Aligns people and processes, monitoring progress to achieve optimal results.
Proactive Sales Planning – Demonstrates and teaches a convincing and appealing approach to explain, demonstrating, and offering products that result in a sale.
Staffing and Talent Enhancement – Considers staffing levels and hiring needs to deploy the right mix of talent and skills within the team.
- Plan, drive and control sales performance, shrink and payroll to exceed goals.
- Establish store’s productivity goals vs results for Team to achieve sales plan.
- Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
- Coach, counsel and inspire Team of Sales Associates to consistently drive sales results at a local level
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages ideas and innovative problem solving.
- Train and update Associates on product knowledge, selling and operational skills.
- Leverage marketing tools (CRM), merchandising and assortments to maximize sales.
- Ensure brand expectation through proper visual presentation of fixtures and product.
- Communicate merchandise needs and trends to District Manager in order to maximize sales.
- Partner with District Manager to research, create and foster entrepreneurial relationships within the community to generate desired sales results.
- Champion corporate social Responsibility efforts by fostering community relationships.
- Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent with strong sales leadership.
- Proven innovative thinking and demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and influence at all levels.
- Passion for building and sustaining long term relationships that consistently optimize the customer experience and in turn deliver profitable results.
- Embrace consumer and technological trends-online shopping/social media/POS systems.
- High level of personal integrity with a commitment to learning and professional growth.
- 3+ years of previous retail management experience in a luxury retail environment.
- Ability to manage a culturally diverse team, bilingual skills preferred.
- Degree preferred but not required.
Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Brooks Brothers culture is rooted in our values of relationships, innovation, history, fairness and celebration and our vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination for ladies and gentleman for every generation. We are proud to offer our Associates a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
We invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks Brothers
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.
We Value and Respect Each Other by Providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Brooks Brothers is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or Associate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.