About this job
Director of Graduate Studies - Glion
JOBLUX.FR - Ilanz, GR , Switzerland
Director of Graduate Studies - Permanent
Position based in GlionGlion Institute of Higher Education has been providing a premium education experience in hospitality and event, sport and entertainment management for over 50 years. Today, with campuses in Switzerland, London and online, Glion is ranked among the top 3 hospitality management schools in the world and specializes in preparing graduates for international careers in globally influential companies.
Glion’s approach to education is unique and entirely different from other universities or institutions. The learning and teaching environment not only provides a holistic education, but continually exposes students to a range of industry networks in the areas of luxury, finance, real estate as well as hotels, resorts and events companies. Our student’s success in their chosen career is what drives us as an organization.
We are now seeking a Director of Graduate Studies.
- Develop and run state-of-the-art programs and content in accordance with the overall Group strategy and portfolio
- Work closely and meet regularly with faculty, faculty development, learning managers and internal constituencies, students in particular, to improve programs
- Contribute to hiring, developing and allocating faculty into the graduate and post-graduate programs
- Promote student centred learning, champion the use of appropriate teaching technologies and ensure a seamless student experience
- Promote the inclusion of industry experts, guest speakers, field trips in the programs, and any other means to enhance students’ experience and employability
- Actively contribute to recruiting the best students for the graduate programs
- Manage student issues, in collaboration with the Dean of Student as needed
- Provide leadership in his/her area of expertise to the entire academic community and deliver courses as needed
- Contribute to the strategic development of the School
- Communicate effectively with all involved stakeholders
Leadership and community service
- Be seen as a role model to students academically and professionally
- Participate in student admissions activities
- Conduct managerial tasks as required
- Develop a network of hospitality professional
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in a business related discipline, alternatively a Masters of Business Administration or equivalent degree with significant industry experience
- Several years of managerial experience in the field of education at university level and business
- Demonstrated leadership skills and impact in an academic setting
- Autonomous, pragmatic and entrepreneurial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to work with multicultural teams and in an international environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
About this company
JOBLUX est le premier réseau social pour les professionnels du luxe qui est devenu, au fil du temps, une référence dans les domaines de l ‘emploi et du recrutement en ligne pour les métiers du luxe. JOBLUX a réussi le pari ambitieux de réunir tous les acteurs du luxe autour d’une plateforme complète et exclusivement dédiée à son univers.