Merchandise Manager - Retail and Wholesale - Loewe USA
JOBLUX - United States , United States
Reporting to the SVP of Americas, this position will manage the assortment, inventory, purchases and the allocation of product to maximize the sales and productivity for the multi-channel Loewe business in the Americas (Canada, US, LATAM). S/he will suggest, influence and support the wholesale manager and retail Director in the selection of key merchandise categories - for all POS units across the network- including travel and market support.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible ensuring strong classification coverage and brand representation per door by managing the purchase order process in order to achieve the budgeted objectives in terms of sales, profitability, stock targets and market promotions.
- Monitor market position by researching and producing financial and product range plans. Keep abreast of competitor activity, consumer trends and buying patterns and recommends changes to policy where relevant. Design and recommends promotional activity and manages all aspects of products administration.
- Allocate merchandise at stock-keeping unit level based on the buyer intent and allocation objectives. Ensure that stores are stocked and presentation requirements are met for key items and advertised items.
- Perform pre-season, in-season, and post-season analysis and reviews to uncover opportunities and risks and develops recommendations for in-season changes and pre-season assortment plans to ensure maximization of objectives. Monitor warehouse inventory and prepares analysis of warehouse on-hand, on-order, and backorders, identifies problem merchandise early and recommends appropriate actions.
- Perform weekly, monthly and end of season sales analysis to monitor business. Proactively perform transfer and allocation of product to capture opportunities and sales trends.
- Liaison with logistic supply chain to ensure deliveries deadlines are met and with global visual merchandising department to ensure proper displays according to guidelines.
- DSM Sales and inventory discrepancies
- Analyze price points differentials and competitor's benchmarks for pricing strategies in conjunction with HO.
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal cross-functional business partners (Merchandising, Retail, HR, Marketing, Store Development) and external business partners (Wholesale & Franchise partners, 3rd Party Agencies etc.)
- Follow up sales on daily/weekly basis, liaise with the boutiques and propose action plans if necessary: prepare weekly reports with comments on performances, best sellers, Sell through, discounts, CO and seasonal stock.
- Review delivery plan, control that the merchandise is replenished according to the stock level and the sales potential including full management of the reorder process.
- Attend when need it Merchandisers sessions in Madrid and Paris to perform the buying for the Retail Stores/Franchise.
- Tasks will range from preparing buying forecast, sales reports, performing financial analysis, retail KPI's on local selling initiatives and strategies, monitoring costs, CO product, ST and discounts, collaborating closely with the HQ and commercial teams and keep the local teams informed of the business progress in a timely manner.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, summaries and overviews of the retail/outlet and wholesale partners.
- Address enquiries and requests for information from the central financial departments
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- Languages: - Fluency in both spoken and written English. Spanish would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years acquired in financial analysis area, preferably in fashion company
- Advanced Excel skills and other MS software, including strong PowerPoint for presentation preparation
- Strong knowledge of luxury retail business and markets. Especially fashion - luxury
- Strong negotiation, analytical, written, verbal, and decision making skills