Maison Director - New Bond Street Maison (Maternity Cover) - Louis Vuitton UK
JOBLUX - United Kingdom , United Kingdom
An exceptional retail opportunity has arisen at our New Bond Street Maison based in London for a Maternity Cover. Louis Vuitton is seeking a commercially minded Maison Director with a thorough understanding of the luxury market with a key focus on team and client development. Undeniably one of the most iconic shopping destinations in London, our world class store reflects the cultural diversity and fashion centric mind-set of our clients and our team.
The iconic New Bond Street Maison, one of only 19 Maisons worldwide for Louis Vuitton, holds 17,000-square-feet of fashion, accessories, limited-edition art, and specially commissioned installations by both up-and-coming and world-renowned artists, begging to be explored over and over. As our flagship store within London, our Maison is the gold standard of what Louis Vuitton can offer our clients as a brand, serving as the ultimate luxury destination and exceeding our clients expectations to transform their dreams into reality.
Reporting into the Managing Director of the UK, Ireland & South Africa and as a role model for the team and wider business, you will need to demonstrate superb sales leadership skills in respect to building your personal client portfolio, driving client repurchase rates & cross selling thus ensuring that all business opportunities are maximized through efficient sales floor management while also ensuring the Louis Vuitton Promise standards are maintained at all times. You will manage and coach your team into building sustainable client relationships, ensuring that every client is treated according to the Louis Vuitton promise. You will strive to identify business opportunities and implement the related actions in order to ensure the achievement of your store's goals. You will be directly accountable for developing the business and monitoring your store's operations and budget.
With a passion for people development and leadership, you will be responsible for recruiting and building highly motivated, trained and engaged teams by providing regular feedback on their personal development and ensuring that they have detailed development plans to further drive their careers at Louis Vuitton. Ideally you will have previously worked in renowned premium or luxury retail environment, with a passion of being present on the sales floor where you thrive on having the first hand contact with both the team and our clients.
Team Management and Development
- Develop Managers to ensure their teams deliver the Louis Vuitton Promise to every Client, through demonstrating and modeling the 4 Louis Vuitton Attitudes. Support them with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs, and those of their team, partner with the Field Coach Trainer to tailor individual action plans
- Identify, recruit and develop talents, secure succession plans
- Organize the team in an efficient manner according to business needs and delegate responsibility
- Translate strategic and business goals into concrete and individual actions and objectives
- Set achievable yet challenging team and individual targets for the store; assess, monitor and manage performance to ensure these goals are achieved
- Manage and motivate the team to drive the business: create a positive work environment, empower the team, encourage innovative solutions
- Manage and coach Managers into managing and developing their own teams
Client and Business Development
- Lead and develop the business of the store, by cultivating a comprehensive and strategic understanding of it and relating to all relevant stakeholders
- Maximize the potential of all product categories and universes carried in the store, capitalizing on all available support (visual merchandising, training, clienteling, events, Country office team...) and fostering synergies between categories
- Build a loyal Clientele, leveraging all clienteling tools
- Establish a Client-centric mindset in store to ensure the highest level of customer experience and achieve Client repurchase objectives
- Be the voice of the store in your country by understanding business and local market to suggest actions and recommendations
- Act as a Louis Vuitton ambassador in your local market, by proactively representing the Brand in relevant local activities (networking, PR)
- Be aware of the competitive landscape and market trends
- In multi-store markets, develop relationships with surrounding Louis Vuitton Store Managers to optimize business opportunities and Client experience
Role Model on Selling and Floor Management
- Lead by example on the floor, understand the Clients' needs, identify potential areas of improvement and cultivate a feel for the market trends
- Ensure business opportunities are maximized through efficient sales floor management, being a visible presence and support as well as ensuring Louis Vuitton Promise standards are achieved
- Provide consistent and qualitative feedback, coach the team on the spot and coach your Managers into coaching their own teams
- Ensure policies, standards and Louis Vuitton procedures are communicated and implemented
- Monitor store controllable expenses, supervise loss, asset protection and risk management and be accountable for inventory management
As an employee at Louis Vuitton, you can expect to be provided with industry leading training which offers you an in-depth insight into the luxury retail industry. In addition to this you will receive a generous benefits package, unparalleled career development opportunities, both locally & globally, in addition to learning from the very best talent within the industry.
Depending on performance, upon successful completion of the Maternity Cover for this high profile role, a successful candidate could seamlessly transition into a role either within senior retail management or Head Office with Louis Vuitton or the wider LVMH Group.