Senior Buyer - Lacoste - Chalhoub Group
JOBLUX - UAE , United Arab Emirates
LACOSTE is a unique, casual luxury brand that aims to offer consumers with high quality and professionalism through creation, style, manufacturing and retail as well as providing a unique client experience regardless of distribution networks, physical or digital, everywhere in the world!
LACOSTE has built its brand around the consistent production of high quality products, from apparel and home furnishings to fragrances and accessories, and its commitment to conducting business according to the highest ethical and legal standards
We are seeking a Senior Buyer who brings combined experience and expertise to lead the buying department regionally to join our team!
You will be managing OTB deployed by business unit, product selection, ensuring point of sales are filled commercially and the brand image is well executed. These key points are reflected from pre-buying stage to the post buying stage and are monitored throughout the season.
Your work will have a direct impact on driving the brand vision regionally and globally, and resulting into strong commercial priority across online and offline channels.
What you will do ;
- Ensure conformity of Catalog management and Assortment planning
- Prepare seasonal optimal assortment plan by category for each type of store, following brand’s guidelines and instruct local merchandise team accordingly
- Ensure that assortment in stores is respected by performing regular visits in countries during season and that corrective actions are taken if needed
- Ensure that shop floor employees understand the assortment of the new season during the post-buying debrief by explaining the placement for the core assortment the best sellers, the range, mood board and seasonal color according to calendar for each store
- Review of assortment of visible stock (actual vs Brand’s guidelines)
- Provide insights for store Purchase budget
- Provide insights on sell-thru targets by categories to reflect the potential of categories in the region
- Provide insights on sell-thru targets by stores to reflect the potential of stores
- Representing the brand in its respective categories according to the merchandising plan for the given market
- Make an end-to-end calendar for the buying season (pre-buying, buying and post-buying) to mobilize the merchandise teams (regional buyer, regional and local analysts) and commercial teams (RSM, area and store managers) and clarify the deliverables, the meetings and the timeline
- Ensure that the local merchandise team receive templates for pre-buying in time and provide them with precise explanations on segmentation and categories , enabling proposing appropriate requests to the brand
- Ensure that the local merchandise team and the commercial teams receive all information from the supplier available before buying (season key looks, colors and items, must-have per stores for brand image, limited editions and one-shot productions, split by categories for the season core assortment)
- Ensure agreement with commercial team (RSM, area managers, store managers) during/after pre-buying sessions on a store by store parameters (depth of season core assortment, depth of must have and seasonal, share of atypical items) and alignment on cross selling ratios per categories (tie to shirt, socks to shoes, belts to pants, etc…) as well as color split by size, size breakdown and average retail
- Validate product cancellations/substitutions proposed by supplier vs order placed
- According to brand potential, change category mix and explain strategy to the team through the buying, explaining increase/decrease/skip in depth in either color, segment or SKU
- Provide insights on parameters for replenishment of basics to respect assortment planning in stores
- Maintain clear ratio of categories
- Support in Inventory management
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below…
Previous experience of working in international companies with diverse audiances in a similar role;
Previous experience in new brand recruitment.
Business acumen and negotiation skills
Ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
Ability to set budgets, expectations and deliver results
Be self-motivated and proactive, have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
Critical attention to detail.
Be able to prioritize and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects
Creative problem-solving skills
Ability to create strong, meaningful, and long-lasting relationship
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ease
We can offer you
The opportunity to work with the globally renowned brand and drive Lacoste to new heights.
Staff discounts at all participating Chalhoub partner brands
The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub
Onsite canteen serving daily lunch