Director of Leisure Sales - Auberge Resorts
JOBLUX.FR - Kanton Appenzell Innerrhoden , Switzerland
Position Overview: :
We are looking for an Area Director of Leisure Sales with a passion for luxury and selling to clients who desire one-of-a-kind experiences. This individual will be selling two top resorts located outside the United States, Hacienda AltaGracia in Costa Rica and Malliouhana in Anguilla, both having been highly rated and recognized in their respective regions by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure. For an inspiring salesperson, there is a tremendous opportunity as part of the growing Auberge family. This position will be based in the United States.
The Area Director of Leisure Sales is responsible for identifying and sourcing leisure business in accordance with the collection’s strategic plan to maximize room revenue during peak and nonpeak periods. The Area Director of Leisure Sales is responsible for the overall management, productivity, and achievement of sales goals for the assigned market segments and accounts. The Area Director of Leisure Sales reports directly to the Area Director of Sales & Marketing and works closely with each hotel’s revenue team and executive committee to ensure that sales and booking strategies are in line with the properties business needs.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in a related position in a luxury hotel sales environment
- Prior experience working with professional organizations that support leisure business and experience with luxury retail travel agencies, domestic and international wholesalers and vast experience with entities such as Virtuoso and American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts
- Demonstrated record of driving sales revenues in a resort environment
- Prior experience selling multiple properties or brand
- Prior experience in international hotels/resorts, including Latin America
- Prior experience working in a remote sales office setting
- Proactively builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to secure future bookings. Activities to include:
- new account prospecting
- lead generation
- sales calls
- FAM trips
- trade shows
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Executes critical site inspections and effectively closes business
- Upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue potential
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business generation:
- generating inspiring and creative proposals
- executing booking agreements where appropriate
- managing all customer correspondence
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and can appropriately articulate the two resorts unique value propositions to potential clients
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs
- Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Interacts with guests and agents to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Creates appropriate strategies and plans by leisure segment, and account, to achieve Resorts’ financial goals
We offer competitive wages, training, and career development. Benefits packages include medical and dental coverage, vision, flexible spending account, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, lifestyle perks, and a great working environment.
About Auberge Resorts Collection: :
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts, and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience. Property accolades include Michelin Star, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Chateaux. With ten distinctive properties in pristine locations including Napa Valley, Cabo San Lucas, Aspen, Fiji, and Costa Rica, Auberge Resorts offers handcrafted careers to exceptional professionals with a heart for hospitality and a passion for joy and happiness.