About this job
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF MERCHANDISING -POLO FACTORY STORE - Ralph Lauren
JOBLUX - Ottawa, ON , Canada
Ralph Lauren Corporation is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For over 45 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope: To ensure a consistently memorable customer shopping experience while generating meaningful revenue and positive operating profit for their store.
- Responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned store. Ensure that sales and margin goals are met. Work with General Manager and Store Operations Manager to develop operating budgets and monitor performance. Establish individual sales goals for associates and supervise sales staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Maintains a welcoming environment that generates customer traffic and builds loyalty by exceeding customer’s expectations. Coach and mentor staff to implement initiatives that support exceptional customer service standards.
- Provide continual feedback to Buyers and Planners to identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential.
- Responsible for the execution of visual presentation initiatives that support merchandise presentation and maintenance of an in-store environment, consistent with Ralph Lauren’s desired image and character.
- Responsible for achieving store shrinkage goals and for the establishment and implementation of both new and existing loss prevention procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, and development of staff. Actively recruit and succession plans for current and future positions for department. Creates programs to motivate personnel to build unit sales and volume of transactions.
- Work with the Senior Management to direct the execution of Ralph Lauren’s promotional strategies and programs, assuring that they support sales, marketing and profit objectives at point of sales and in the external market place.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of Retail Management Experience, preferably within the luxury retail market.
- Enthusiasm and ability to build and maintain an environment which projects a high level of taste and sophistication consistent with Polo’s lifestyle philosophy.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork, motivation and staff development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.