Manager, Creative Presentation, NY - Ralph Lauren
JOBLUX - New York, NY , United States
Responsible for managing the Ralph Lauren brand aesthetic and creating a memorable customer shopping experience through the execution and maintenance of rigs and interior/window displays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the installation of all interior/window changeovers, including production of any interior sets, on-site prop handling prop placement and rigging.
- Identify and develop unique design specifications by door in keeping with established seasonal themes.
- Ensure that store interior sets are maintained daily, including: repositioning mannequins, re-propping, re-merchandising, and sourcing alternative product for interior presentations.
- For each installation, manage the procurement and compilation of creative and aesthetic elements for windows, including: wallpaper, paint, rugs, fabrics, lighting and decorative prop elements.
- Research, identify and utilize multiple vendors and resources for props and decorative elements.
- Manage and train a team of coordinators; recruit freelance staff when needed.
- Conduct daily walkthrough of locations, identifying opportunities to improve and maintain the overall aesthetic and creative appearance of the site, including the overall tidiness of each store.
- Plan and prep, in keeping with a rolling creative calendar, for the next installation or floor change.
- Manage checkbooks and ensure that all installations stay on budget.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Store Management and Product Presentation to ensure that business needs are met in the most brand appropriate manner.
- Take responsibility for staying connected to the Corporate Office via the Team Site, including updates to the directives, showrooms, advertising, product deliveries and buys.
- Actively participate in the timely updating of the Team Site, including window and interior photo review uploads and regional calendars.
- Know and be aware of creative competition, learn from what you see outside of your immediate environment and report back to management on observations and insights.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- 4-6 years visual presentation and rigging experience, with at least 3 years in a luxury retail environment
- Strong time management and organizational skill-set which enables managing and engaging the team
- Ability to manage and travel to multiple store locations
- Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail store hours (i.e., evenings after 9 PM and weekends)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with supervisors, direct reports and peers
- General computer proficiency including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Passion and affinity for the Ralph Lauren brand