About this job
Director of Sales, Luxury, Middle East - Hilton Corporate
JOBLUX - Dubai , United Arab Emirates
Hilton - Regional Office - Dubai
Bldg 15 Office 101 PO Box 500200 Dubai Internet City
A new role created to focus on securing luxury high-end business for Hilton’s global luxury portfolio of brands – Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts from the Middle East Region. This Director of Sales role will be responsible for driving sector-specific business from across the region and operate above Hilton Worldwide’s market-level and single hotel sales activity, leveraging Hilton’s strength in the global marketplace with highly valued customers and market segments whose activity and business requirement impacts and benefits our luxury brands.
The role will focus specifically on Royal Protocol Offices and Government Departments across the Middle East region with spotlight on Saudi Arabia and the outbound business opportunities Hilton can secure from across the region.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
The primary responsibility is the generation of demand to all luxury hotels globally with a specific focus on the EMEA luxury estate, the increase in market share and loyalty from new and managed accounts. The position is also responsible to develop and manage all stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, in not only driving profitable revenue to the hotels, but engaging with all hotels on how best to communicate, leverage and drive the best possible results through the HWS luxury team.
Planning Activities 20%
- Support the development of the specialist sales strategies in region, ensuring they contribute to the EMEA sales strategy and the luxury commercial plan
- Demonstrate knowledge of key customer engagement activities in the GCC with ROI
- Ensuring agreed implementation plans are implemented
- Staying abreast of and reacting to business trends to prioritize, focus and flex the contribution from the specialist sales teams
- Developing the right account plans and strategies, focusing on shifting unfair share in focus markets like Saudi Arabia
- Researching and identifying new business opportunities in region to drive incremental revenue to luxury portfolio
- Ensuring that measurement systems are in place and are robust to track accurately the production of all targeted accounts
Organizing Activities 50%
- Develop relationships with key clients and agents within the GCC and other feeder markets
- Plan and execute targeted sales missions for General Managers and international sales delegations to the region
- Regular face-to-face appointments per week to source new business
- Work closely with the Regional Director Luxury Sales EMEA and global sales teams
- Work closely with MEA HWS team colleagues on opportunities in region and managed accounts
- Hold site visits and client entertainment events as required
- Work closely with counterparts in UK and European markets on aligned strategies and activities to deliver business
Directing Activities 20%
- Implements account specific engagement initiatives to help drive the business
- Networks with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant
- Develops strong relationships with hotels, particularly those that are key their account base supports
- Attends industry tradeshows, conferences and events
Controlling Activities 10%
- Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
- Ensures account plans are followed and achieved, providing feedback as necessary
- Assists with the creation and maintaince of policies and procedures to improve overall operations
- Monitors return on investment of capital and time resources
- Develops and maintains Hilton Best Practice to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer and account information is kept.
- Ensures that information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures and systems
- Provides accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Setting high personal performance standards.
- Planning, organizing and using a systematic approach to get things done.
- Managing time and resources effectively
- Prioritizing actions and managing tasks through to completion
- Actively seeking opportunities to develop and learn from experience.
- Developing positive working relationships at all levels.
- Accepting personal responsibility to make things happen.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Acting on own initiative when appropriate.
- Thinking ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Demonstrating drive and determination to succeed.
- Attending sales review and communications meetings as and when required.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Solid experience working in the GCC within the Luxury hospitality industry
- A proven track record of successful business development and account management with Royal Protocol Offices and Government Departments across the Middle East region is essential.
- A self-motivated, driven, results orientated and proactive attitude is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
- Extensive understanding of local market and industry in order to make recommendations on how to achieve the targets.
- University degree at bachelor level or equivalent or experience in lieu thereof.
- Eligible or already has appropriate visa and residential documentation for work and travel within the GCC
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic is highly desirable
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• BA / BS / Bachelor’s Degree, or qualification in lieu of
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
• Multi-site or national hotel sales experience is essential.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• MA / MS / Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent qualification
• Supervisory experience would be an advantage
• Fluency in spoken and written Arabic is highly desirable
• Current experience within the Middle East luxury hotel sales market is highly desirable.
• International sales experience would be beneficial
Brand : Hilton Corporate
Shift: Day Job
Job Level: Manager
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.