Trainee Manager - Chisholm Hunter
JOBLUX - Kingston upon Thames , United Kingdom
Luxury Retail – Trainee Manager
Vacancy: 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Location: Chisholm Hunter, Kingston
Due to continued growth and expansion, an exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Manager to join our team in Kingston.
At Chisholm Hunter, we are dedicated to creating an everlasting relationship with our clients and exceeding their expectations with our outstanding service and selection of fine jewellery and luxury Swiss timepieces. Our ‘Cut Above’ philosophy and passion has enabled us to become one of the UK’s leading independent retail jewellers since 1857.
A Chisholm Hunter Trainee Manager is someone who is at the top of their field with a passion for luxury jewellery.
We are looking for a highly ambitious and motivated assistant manager with a proven track record of over-achieving continual year-on-year revenue growth. The ability and confidence to build and develop customer relationships is paramount.
Our Trainee Managers are our future Store Managers. This is a challenging role in which you can develop your skills, knowledge and experience to progress up our career ladder. The role of Trainee Manager is to support the Management team to maximise sales opportunities within the store and to ensure that our clients are delighted with our remarkable products and a memorable experience.
- Attractive Salary – depending on experience
- Generous bonus package – the more successful you are, the more you can earn.
- Structured personal development plan
- Accredited industry training and qualifications
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Corporate uniform.
- 29 days holiday per year
- Generous staff discounts
- Contributory pension
- Company Life Assurance
- Charity matching –we match what you raise up to £250 pa.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- In conjunction with the Branch Management team lead, develop and support the sales professionals to meet and/or exceed your Store sales targets.
- Contribute positively towards achieving all the KPI targets for the store.
- Ensure your sales professionals understand and use all the sales behaviours to enhance customer spend.
- Provide an exceptional luxury environment, with the highest level of service, in order to enhance our clients purchasing experience, which will exceed their expectations.
- Demonstrate sales leadership on the sales floor through mentoring, coaching and buddying your colleagues to enhance their skills and experience.
- Carry out sales floor management as part of your daily activities to encourage your team to be bold and confident to successfully cultivate new and existing clients, including approaches at windows.
- Ensure your product knowledge is at the very highest level, to offer our clients an exceptional service by advising and demonstrating the product features and benefits.
- Continuously display attention to detail.
- Be a role model for all staff and display the Chisholm Hunter values and promote the company image and brand in a positive manner through your behaviour and appearance.
- Identify new business development areas in order to increase sales, including continuous competitor analysis and action planning with SMART objectives.
- Support the Branch Management team to recruit a talented sales professionals to build a successful sales team in your store.
- Contribute towards the development of store succession plans and encourage excellence through education by providing documented coaching and planned on the job training to store staff.
- Contribute towards holding constructive performance reviews with staff to identify strengths and action plan underperformance and areas of development.
This position is dynamic & challenging, with lots of variety and it is a massive opportunity to earn industry-leading bonus on top of your base salary.
You will be responsible in conjunction with Management team for managing the full end to end sales process and will be expected to achieve & exceed your stores' targets every month.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years luxury retail or five-star hospitality management experience within a target driven sales or retail environment. Experience of the luxury jewellery industry is desirable. You will possess a positive attitude and a passion for creating an amazing client experience. Ideally you will have attained an industry recognised qualification such as JET 1 and 2. What is more important is the ambition and drive to develop your career as a Manager with Chisholm Hunter.
Experience, skill and knowledge required:
- Customer Service
- Luxury jewellery and watch product knowledge
- Inspirational leader: Goal setting, organising, delegation, communication, performance, sales floor and time management and decision making.
- Business Development: Continuously explore ways to increase and drive the business forward.
- Ability to develop and train members of the team.
- Commercial thinker and results focused
- Proactive and a proven self-starter.
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- JET 1 or 2 – desirable but not essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisory retail: 2 years
- luxury or targeted sales: 2 years
- Kingston upon Thames, Greater London