About this job
Visual Merchandiser - DFS Group
JOBLUX - Hong Kong
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Visual Merchandiser drives the DFS Global Visual Merchandising strategies by assisting with the planning and execution of all in store promotions, seasonal overlays, and monthly merchandising changes.
The Visual Merchandiser supports the store by using their creativity to enhance the aesthetic appeal of window displays, VM Points, counters and boutiques to create a total brand shopping experience for customers and to stimulate sales activity.
1. Visual Displays
- Ensure strict compliance with Company and Brand directions in merchandise presentation standard.
- Assist with the ordering and co-ordination of installation of promotional material in order to enhance products, create interest and generate sales.
- Responsible for the maintenance, storage and movement of in-store and window displays. Assist with the planning and implementation of monthly boutique VM changes, Seasonal installations and new store openings
- Prepare photo reports of monthly store changes
- Be aware of new trends in beauty /design & display techniques and materials
- Implement visual displays of a high standard and on time with:
b) VM Strike points
c) Promotional & Seasonal Displays
- Ensure correct usage of promotional/signage collateral.
- Maintain housekeeping of displays and prop room.
- Ensure all in store signage is in line with company WW standards
- Produce visual designs for store specific workshops & events when necessary
- Work closely with store teams & Signage & Production Team to assess signage needs
- Produce signage requests to S&P Team and work together in order to achieve given timelines for installation
- Source and design props and other display fittings and materials
- Work with suppliers to procure VM props & fittings required in store, ensuring approval process is adhered to and delivery timings are met.
- Adhere to budgets given
- Participate in and facilitate product placement, inventory taking and stock transfers for merchandise to be used for visual displays yet maintaining awareness of potential loss prevention issues
- Coach the store team on design concepts, visual display standards, and the proper maintenance of the overall visual display effort in order for them to actively support visual merchandising efforts
- Take reasonable care to act and behave in a manner that promotes care and diligence
- Comply with reasonable instructions from any supervisor or authorized representative on health and safety matters
- Report any accident or injury and potential hazard in the workplace
- Degree/Diploma required from related art/design/VM or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience in retail / beauty brands visual merchandising or similar industry
- General knowledge of building materials/signage application
- Possess style, strong creativity and flair for presentation in a luxury retail environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to communication with colleagues at different levels
- Ability to self-manage timelines and work well independently
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs including Adobe Creative Suite/ Creative Cloud (specially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Deadline oriented with superior organization skills in a fast pace environment.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Team Lead, Visual Merchandiser
About this company
JOBLUX is the first niche social network for luxury brands professionals and students/alumni. Our network is present globally in more than 27 countries and translated in over 9 languages. All luxury market fans keep up in an easy to use and rich quality content portal in order to succeed their niche networking, job hunt, read news, grow and collaborate.