District Manager Southern CA DGPB - Delta Galil USA Inc
JOBLUX - Los Angeles, CA , United States
District Manager (Exempt)
The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Retail Stores. The main function of the District Manager is to Drive Top Line Sales and Operational excellence of stores within the district through:
- Excellent Communication,
- Team Learning & Development
- Training, Sales and Customer Service
- Expense Management
- Client Program Management
- Inventory Management
- Loss Prevention
- Report Analysis, District Recaps, and Market Analysis
- Overall Business Productivity
- Leads the store teams and serves as the expert on company culture, store operations, policies & procedures, management and exceptional sales and service skills. Assists with training and motivating associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sales plans are achieved.
- Responsible for recruiting staff to meet the availability needs of the business and retains talent that will contribute to the growth of the retail business/division.
- Manages controllable expenses to company guidelines and ensures overall profitability targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed. Assist with financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortage.
- Manages payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs.
- Supports and executes directives from Visual Merchandising, Operations and Marketing to ensure that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
- Communicates with the District Manager regarding all employee relations, day to day operations and any compliance related matters and to set goals for personal skills development.
- Participates in problem solving to address challenges such as sales, leadership issues, profitability, staff management and competitive concerns.
- Acts as a liaison between Store Operations and Corporate Office.
- Strategically analyzing gaps, opportunities and people placement to ensure improvement in processes and 4-wall profitability.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written.)
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt easily to strategic change.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with little to no supervision.
- Maturity and emotional stability: having a high degree of self- awareness, self-management, manages behaviors in the most productive manner; highly coachable, remains calm and optimistic and is not overtaken by emotions, base decisions and conversations on facts rather than hearsay.
- Comfortable addressing conflict: handles difficult conversations and situations in a productive manner.
- Motivates and inspires: creates passion and excitement around shared goals, instills confidence in others and motivates direct reports to excel.
- Holds self as well as others accountable.
- Frequent travel (approx. 40% or more) often with little advance notice is required (including air & overnight travel.)
- 5+ years of related professional sales management experience in specialty or luxury retail.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) focused in Communications, Fashion Merchandising, Psychology preferred or technical school certification; or three year related multi-store experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous multi-unit management and training experience.
- Repetitive hand motion while operating cash register or computer.
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment.
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax, scanner and copier.)
- Must work weekend and night shifts.
- Climb ladders as needed.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.