Assistant Executive Chef- Main Kitchen - Wynn Las Vegas
JOBLUX - Las Vegas, NV , United States
Wynn Resorts is the recipient of more Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world. Wynn Las Vegas opened on April 28, 2005 and was once again named the best resort in Nevada on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 “Gold List,” a title received for the tenth time. Wynn and Encore Las Vegas feature two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,750 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas, approximately 192,000 square feet of casino space, 21 dining experiences featuring signature chefs and 11 bars, two award-winning spas, approximately 290,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, approximately 103,000 square feet of retail space as well as three nightclubs, a beach club and recreation and leisure facilities. In addition to two luxury retail esplanades, a Strip-front expansion, Wynn Plaza, is currently under construction and is scheduled to be completed by the third quarter of 2018.
The Assistant Executive Chef is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef with overseeing performance and strategy of the Restaurant and being accountable for meeting Wynn food quality standards and financial goals. The primary responsibilities include assigning tasks and priorities, coordinating resources, and controlling operating expenses. The Assistant Executive Chef is also responsible for the overall management, development, and training of staff and ensures that all government health regulations, industrial safety standards, corporate and departmental policies, and Culinary Bargaining Agreement are followed.
Operational Management will be approximately 45% of this role and include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Menu innovation while adhering to outlet concept.
- Maintain consistent Wynn food quality standards.
- Monitor and improve consistency of food quality to enhance overall customer experience.
- Ensure standards and policies are available for staff to create and maintain a safe workplace and environment.
- Identify, rectify and report promptly and decisively actual and potential problems to ensure workplace and environmental safety.
- Actively encourage and support team members to participate in decision making processes to assume responsibility and authority.
- Identify best practices and determine quality and efficiency measures as benchmarks for own performance.
Finance Management will be approximately 10% of this role and include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Maintain budgeted food cost and actively monitor labor costs, cost of goods, and other expenses.
People Management will be approximately 45% of this role and include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensure direct reports conform to Wynn policies and procedures as well as taking responsibility for reporting any actual or potential issues while maintaining integrity.
- Lead the team to contribute to the organization by defining roles, purpose, responsibility, accountabilities, and monitor performance.
- Maintain consistency of performance across varying conditions, in order to maintain trust and confidence.
- Maintain the Wynn core values in conducting business.
- Mentor staff through ongoing on the job coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Provide ongoing reward and recognition of employees by utilizing applicable recognition programs.
- Encourage training for managers as part of their professional development and monitor the progress of participants.
- Involve all members of management in decision making process thereby giving the team a bigger picture prospective.
- Facilitate daily pre-shifts with back of house staff.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of culinary management experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, including but not limited to the Food Manager Certification.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to perform high quality job standards with attention to detail, creativity, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be a clear thinker, remains calm and resolve problems using a good judgement.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, organize and follow through in order to meet deadlines and production schedules.
- Must demonstrate creative and artistic approaches to plate presentations and research new products and menu items on a regular basis.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to direct and lead staff.
- Must be able to work well with a team and be willing to assist in all phases of the operation.
- Knowledge of and exposure to a union environment is preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office is required.