Regional Manager - Midwest - Hugo Boss
JOBLUX - Chicago, IL , United States
HUGO BOSS is one of the leading premium fashion and lifestyle companies with around 14,000 employees worldwide. As the most important interface to our customers, you have a passion for our products and act as brand ambassador for HUGO BOSS. Join a team that creates an exceptional brand and shopping experience with enthusiasm, fun and expertise – because to create something extraordinary, we must explore new paths together. Shape your personal future at HUGO BOSS!
Regional Manager - Midwest
HUGO BOSS Fashions, Inc. | Chicago | United States | Full-time
The Regional Manager is charged with achieving success relating to the sales goals, loss control, P&L planning, and achievement of UPT goals in all of the Directly Operated Stores and Shops in SAKS and Macy's, within the Midwest Region. Strong interpersonal skills as well as business acumen and good judgment are all necessary characteristics of the job. Must have complete mastery of all Store operations by location and outstanding leadership skills along with inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead team, train talent and effect change. Along with a track record of building talent and the ability to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a profitable result.
- Leads the full line retail business through effective collaboration and partnering across key functions: Visual Merchandising, Training, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Retail Buying Team, Store Design and Retail Operations.
- Frequent travel encompassing Store visits, audits of policies and standards, managing the maintenance of Store facilities and supervision of customer service standards.
- Ability to develop and execute business strategies that are linked to successful business objectives, which demonstrates a strong return on investment that supports the organization’s ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Lead performance management and talent development initiatives in alignment with company objectives for all direct reports.
- Manage Store teams towards acceptable Store Operations/Human Resources compliance to ensure that all Stores understand, administer and interpret the Store Operations Guidelines/ HR policies and procedures accurately.
- Ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented efficiently as per Global direction and visual standards.
- Act as a liaison between stores, corporate partners, buyers and visual director to ensure that merchandise assortments reflect the brand strategy and stock levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the business
Drive Sales, Profitability and Gross Margin Growth
- Responsible to drive region sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently across all Stores.
- Ensure that each Store associate is trained and compliant with all basic inventory management/ movement/ receiving processes.
- Consistently execute quality inventory practices with receiving, restocking, transfers, and managing inventory discrepancies.
- Manage product inventory and merchandising standards compliant with company direction.
Recruitment/Hiring/Training and Retention of Top Talent
- Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of Store teams throughout the Region.
- Create, evaluate and monitor talent pools on a continuous basis while constructing succession plans and growth development for the region as an operating unit.
- Assist Store leaders in training, coaching and development, customer service standards, standard operating procedures, impeccable visual standards and employee relations compliance in partnership with Human Resources and Senior Management.
- Responsible to consistently and effectively communicate the company objectives to all Store management teams through organized and scheduled conference calls and email communications.
- Establish a process to ensure that Stores have accountability to expectations on a consistent and timely basis.
- Conduct regular Store visits and communicate to ensure standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved and action plans are developed in order to move the business forward.
- Touch base with each Store leader on a weekly basis to gain an understanding of all aspects of their business including merchandising, staffing, operations, etc. provide consistent follow-up and feedback
- Oversee, control and adjust payroll budget and weekly hours within region to ensure appropriate sales floor coverage by reviewing Stores schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Analyze and react to business trends regarding assortment, communicating sell-through, stock levels as opportunities to increase sales.
- Ensure region adheres to all company policies and procedures as noted in Store Operating Manuals and all HR procedural documentations.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Skills and abilities required:
- Extensive travel required; extreme flexibility and adaptability to work schedule needed
- Passion and desire for excellence by exceeding goals successfully and consistently
- Proven ability to develop and retain top talent
- Proven ability to better business results year over year
- Exceptional client service skills
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and ability to engage and motivate teams
- Strong business acumen; including retail math and P&L responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic; ability to problem solve
- Must have an ability to plan and manage both the strategic and operational functions of the business
- College degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of multi-store and/or Flagship leadership experience in luxury retail environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- Dynamic Work Environment